Unfortunately, it isn’t a one-off exercise and requires ongoing attention, ideally monthly, by monitoring your site traffic and what’s driving traffic to your site and how well you are converting inbound traffic.
Once you have tackled your on-page SEO, it’s time to think about off-page SEO.
Here are my Top 5 Tips for Off-Page SEO:
1. Inbound links are very important. Get as many relevant links into your website as possible. Take the time to build up the list of links gradually.
2. Try to make sure the page text of any inbound links contain your web address (i.e. rather than just the words ‘click here’ for example).
3. Reciprocate by placing outbound links on your own website to any relevant sites linking to you.
3. Build references to your company and web pages on blogs and social media sites.
4. Create an entry for your business in relevant online business directories for countries where you are looking for customers.
5. Don’t forget to create your free Google Places listing!
Remember, off-page optimisation is a time-consuming, gradual process that has to be done properly if you want those valuable high page rankings!