Katy Taylor from TT Communications shared some great tips for creating online PR coverage on my blog this week.
She mentioned the technique of using free press release distribution websites that you can use to publish your press releases online, for FREE.
Now as a small business, why wouldn’t you try that? I recommend that you only submit to 1 or 2 sites, experiment to see which ones work best for you. And submit to no more than 3-5, otherwise you are just wasting your valuable time.
Here are a few I have come across that you can try out…
Some of the free ones:
- PR.com – you can distribute your press releases, but you can also set up a full company profile.
- PR Log – free distribution to Google News and other other search engines.
- Free Press Release.com – easy press release distribution for free, more features for paid accounts.
- PressBox -easy to use site and also offers press release writing services.
- PR Web – recommended by many and easy to use
- ClickPress.com – send to sites like Google News and Topix.net, premium accounts will also get you to sites like LexisNexis.
- PRBuzz.com – completely free distribution to search engines, news sites, and blogs.
Paid for – but worth looking into:
- Sourcewire – I have used and achieved good coverage
- Pressat – offer a free service for charities / not for profits
What press release distribution services have you used? Which ones worked best?