One of the most over-looked tools, again from the lovely Google, are Google Alerts.
This great tool enables you to monitor the web for absolutely everything – for FREE! But how can I use it?
Well think of it as free research – you can use it to:
- Monitor trends
- Follow a specific topic
- See how often your name or company gets mentioned
- Keep up-to-date with news in your industry
- Monitor your clients media exposure for them
- Monitor your competitors
- See how quickly your blog posts or website changes get indexed by Google
- Even follow your favourite sports team (not strictly business, but hey it’s allowed!)
It picks up not just new web pages, but news, blogs and video too – anything on the web really.
And I’m sure you will share a whole load more! What do you use Google Alerts for?