Websites cost both significant time and money to create, maintain and constantly develop, and we have them for our businesses for good reason. They need to deliver key marketing activities – list building and data capture, actual product or service sales or new business leads and enquiries.
There is usually a good reason why your website is underperfoming – either one or all of the following may be the issue:
- Poor user experience;
- Your messaging doesn’t connect with your desired target audience;
- Your website visibility is poor.
I work with my clients to help address and improve all of these issues and I’ve developed a handy 5-point Website Usability Checklist to help you kick your website into great shape.
5-Point Website Usability Checklist…
Use this handy checklist to do an in-depth review and evaluation of your current website:
- How does it look and feel
* Does it match your brand guidelines?
* Does it enhance your brand credibility
* Are headings, sub-headings and links easy to distinguish?
- How it works
* Is there a version for mobiles?
* Does the site offer positive interaction with visitors?
* Does the site contain rich media content?
* Does the site functionality (members area, account login) work smoothly?
* Are there any broken links?
- Does it work!
* Is it compatible with all browsers? Have you tested it?
* Does the site functionality (members area, account login, contact forms) work smoothly?
- Getting around (aka your navigation!)
* Is it clear and intuitive?
* Does it allow 3-click access to key action-orientated (sales) pages?
* Are there too many / too few main navigation elements?
* Is the registration / sign up process easy to follow and
- Words & Content
* Is the text easy to read?
* Does the content match the target audience expectations?
* Is there any superfluous content? Get rid of any unnecessary ‘padding’ or space fillers!
* Is there any content missing that should be included?
* Do images used support the brand? And are they appropriate?
If you need help with developing your website or would like an objective review of your current website, get in touch. I offer affordable Website Reviews with a comprehensive Action Checklist to get your website delivering fast.